The majority of colleges prefer that applications are completed on-line.
· Make sure college entrance requirements and application deadlines are met.
· Check application status on-line to make sure that all sections have been received.
· Watch for postings and information on college visits, open houses, and scholarship
· Please allow 1 week for the Counseling Office to process the application.
· Please allow 1 week for the Office to process your transcript request.
· Secure – Electronic Transcripts - Log on to Docufide by Parchment from PHS’s website or directly at www.parchment.com
Set up Account - you’ll need an email address
· Type “Perry High School” when asked for current high school
· Select Destinations – colleges, scholarship funds, NCAA, etc.
· Confirm Request
· Track Delivery – you’ll get email notifications when delivered
· Remember to send final transcript in June to college or university you are planning to attend
On-Line Applications/Common Applications
1. Talk with your counselor and teacher(s) about writing any required recommendation(s).
2. Email teacher(s) and counselor (as requested on the Common Application).
3. Complete application with any required essay and pay application fee on-line.
4. Send ACT/SAT test scores directly from ACT- www.actstudent.org or
SAT- www.collegeboard.com (if not previously sent during ACT/MME).
5. If required, print “High School Counselor Form” by the college/university.
Bring a #10 (4 1/8” x 9 ½”) mailing envelope addressed to college with 1 stamp in upper
right hand corner to Mrs. Inglis in the Counseling Office.
NCAA CLEARINGHOUSE registration is required for Division I & II Athletes
NAIA registration is required for nearly 300 member institutions that make up the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA).
Potential college athletes should register by the fall of their senior year with the NCAA Clearinghouse at www.eligibiltiycenter.org or the NAIA at www.playnaia.org
See “Transcript Requests” above to send transcripts to NCAA Clearinghouse and NAIA.